Is your Twitter account linked in?

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ever try searching for yourself on Twitter? If not, then I suggest you do – especially if you have an account that was created within the last month.

Why? Because your account may not be searchable by other Twitter users, in other words, you may not be linked in to the rest of the community - new users aren't being added to the 'find people' search database.

I first became aware of this when a friend sent me an email. She said that she had searched for my on Twitter but couldn’t find my profile. I performed some investigation and realized that I couldn’t even find myself!

Since, I have escalated the issue to Twitter Support and it turns out that this is a known issue:
“Hi, Thank you for contacting Twitter Support.
Thanks for the heads up! We’re aware of the issue you’ve reported and currently working on a resolution. However, we don’t have an exact time frame for a fix. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We highly encourage posting your detail feedback and contact info at our Known Issues page:
http://twitter.zendesk.com/forums/31935/entries

My issues with the issue:
1. Why wasn’t I made aware of this problem when I first created an account? It would have been nice to have been sent an automatic notification…

2. This is a major issue that has not been resolved even though the people at Twitter have known about it since April 1, 2009. That’s so not Tweeterrific!

0 comments

Post a Comment